Saturday 26 October 2013

Half Moon Manicure

So finally half term is here!  I am very much looking forward to a week off work, as this term has been a long one.  I am hoping to get some of my practice nails done this week as I haven't done any new designs on them for a while.  I may upload some when I have done them.  

This weeks nail art is very different to that of last weeks.  It is a much more subtle design.  I am going out tonight for a 60th Birthday and wanted a nice design to match with my outfit.  I didn't think my Halloween nails would really look that great.  So I have decided to go for a half moon manicure, which I love.  What I love about this design is that it is so easy to create and looks elegant.  You can use pretty much any colour combinations you like.  I chose a gold half moon with a pale pink main colour.  Please let me know what you think of my design.

Here is my design
To create this design I used
George 'No Excuses' Nail Polish
New Look Gold Nail Polish
French Tip Guides
Top Coat

Tutorial
1. Paint your nails with one coat of gold nail polish.  You can then either wait for this to dry, or if you want to speed the process up, place seche vite on top.
2. When your nails are thoroughly dry, place a french tip guide at the cuticle of all of your nails.
3. Do one nail at a time.  Use the pink nail polish and paint your nail with a thick coat of polish.  Do not wait for it to dry, peel the french tip guide off carefully straight away after painting.
4. You should then have a neat curved line, creating the half moon manicure.  Seal in your design with seche vite.

This is my outfit for tonight.  My Fiance bought this for me last Christmas, but I have only just been able to fit in to it.  My diet for the wedding is going well!  Over a stone lost already.
Here are some more pictures of my designs
Dee .x.

No comments:

Post a Comment