Sunday 22 June 2014

Beach Nail Art

Hey,

This week I have created a beach design inspired by +elleandish // Janelle.  I have created it using a water technique.  I have used this technique before with the Turquoise Stone design, feel free to take a look.  I have used 3 colours to create the beach and sea look, I used 2 Barry M nail polishes in shades of blue to create the water and a beige nail polish from George to create the sand.  I used a Sally Hansen White nail polish in the water to create the waves.  If you'd like to know how to create the starfish please look at my starfish nail tutorial, which you'll find on my tutorial page.  I hope you like my design.
Tutorial
  1.  Paint one coat of white nail polish on to each nail.
  2. Leave until thoroughly dry.  Tape around the sides of your nails to prevent mess when dipping your nails into the water.
  3. When dry add a couple of white drops into the center of the bowl of water.
  4. Spray 2 sprays of perfume onto the water until the polish starts to break up.
  5. Quickly dip one nail into the water and keep it in for 5 seconds.  Use a hoof stick to collect the polish around the nail which is in the water.
  6. Take your nail out of the water and you should see a sea wave effect.  Remove the tape from around the nail, carefully.
  7. Repeat steps 1-6 for all other nails. 
     Dee .x.

No comments:

Post a Comment