Saturday 23 January 2016

Geometric Nail Art

Hey,

I just love pink!! I've been desperate to do pink nails in a while, but with Christmas it hasn't really been possible. I have tried before to use nail art striping tape, and have always been unsuccessful.  It's so fiddly to cut, use, and manipulate on your nails, especially when your other nails are wet.  I had my husband helping me to cut the tape strips for me.  I actually don't think I could have done this design without him.  There are a few tips for using striping tape...
Tip #1 - Ensure your base coat is thoroughly dry, otherwise the tape will stick to it.  (I painted my base in the morning, then did the design in the afternoon.)  Using a fast drying top coat, such as Seche Vite, would be a great idea to speed up the drying process, especially if you're short for time.
Tip #2 - Ensure the tape is stuck down properly, and to the edges of your nail; if the tape is not stuck down, nail varnish will seep underneath and will make the design look uneven and messy.
Tip #3 - Do one nail at a time.  When you've painted the triangles, with the tape on your nails, use tweezers to peel off the tape before it dries.

Now that I've managed to use the tape properly, I may try to do more designs with it in the future.  It's amazing what designs you can create with tape. Striping tape is very cheap to buy on Ebay and you can get about 10 rolls for £1!!
Dee .x.

No comments:

Post a Comment