Tuesday 1 October 2013

Love Letter Nail Art

My next few posts are designs which I am currently teaching at my nail art workshop, so are repeats of designs I have previously done.  This week I am teaching how to create newspaper print.  I have added a twist to this design to make it more exciting.  This design would be great for Valentines Day, or even an anniversary.  I hope you like this design.  Please let me know in the comments below.

Here is my design
To create this design you will need:
White Nail Polish
Red Nail Polish
Black Nail Art Striper/Pen
Newspaper cut into 10 pieces
Small Dotting Tool
Rubbing Alcohol (or Vodka/Tequila)

Newspaper Tutorial
  1. Cut newspaper into 10 chunks (try to use larger paragraphs, rather than text with too many lines.)
  2. Paint your nails with 2 coats of white nail polish & wait until thoroughly dry.
  3. When completely dry, dip 1 finger at a time in to the alcohol for approx 10 seconds.
  4. Take a piece of newspaper and place it on to the nail (hold it still, do not move, once in place)
  5. Hold it on the nail for about 8-10 seconds, pressing it all over.
  6. Remove the newspaper from the edges and you should be left with newspaper print on the nail.
  7. Repeat for all nails.
Pictorial
Here are some more pictures of my final design
 Dee .x.

1 comment: